Study abroad and scholarship opportunities
2016-04-14 09:59:18

Study abroad with Erasmus+

If you are a student, you may have a chance to do part of your studies abroad or complete a traineeship in a company through Erasmus+.

If you are interested in doing part of your studies abroad, you should first contact your own university.

When you go abroad to study via Erasmus+ :

  • you don't have to pay registration or tuition fees to your host university
  • your studies abroad count as an integral part of your degree
  • you get an EU grant towards living and travel expenses.

Recognition of your study period abroad

Your home university must recognise your period of study abroad as counting towards your degree, provided you complete the study programme agreed in advance of your exchange.

Joint-degree programmes

With Erasmus Mundus, you can enrol in a postgraduate degree programme jointly offered by universities based in different EU countries - in certain cases, even outside Europe. You study or conduct research in at least two countries - and are awarded a joint, double or multiple degree as a result. Scholarships for Erasmus Mundus are available for students from Europe and all over the world.

Interested? Check out online the Masters and PhD programmes that participate in Erasmus Mundus. Visit the website of the joint masters or doctorate of your choice for information on entry requirements and the calendar for applications.

Partnerships beyond the EU's borders

Erasmus Mundus scholarships can also support partnerships with universities from a range of countries and regions across the world.

These partnerships provide scholarships for  European students to study in non-EU countries, and for non-Europeans to come to EU universities. Find out more about partnerships offering scholarships for nationals of your country. Visit a partnership's website for more information on the courses it offers, entry requirements and the calendar for applications.

Interested in the EU's academic cooperation with Australia, Japan, New Zealand and the Republic of Korea? Check out the Cooperation Programme.

Visit your university's international relations office

Maybe your university participates in other international exchange programmes. You can find out more about Erasmus+ and other exchange opportunities from your university's international relations office.